Nine 1-hour spaces will be available for individuals to receive one-on-one mentoring from Award Winning Authors, Yvonne Lehman, Edie Melson, Larry Leech, Linda Gilden, LaTan Murphy, and Les Stobbe. Our past mentorees have been thrilled with the results of their mentored work.
Here’s how the process works: Contact Terri with your request of mentor or critique. She will forward information on payment to you. Payments are made directly to the faculty member by conferee. Critiques receive a 15-minute appointment with the critiquer to go over your work. Mentors will spend 1hour of private time during the conference with the mentoree.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT TERRI AND REQUEST YOUR MENTORING OR CRITIQUE [email protected]
For Yvonne Lehman – Yvonne will work with FICTION. She will read your work, give you very detailed suggestions and guidance on plotting, character development, and prose. Conferees should have a manuscript completed but not less than 1/2 completed.
Guidelines: Full Proposal, Synopsis, First Three Chapters
For Edie Melson
Conferees will send blog address and social media addresses so Edie can evaluate and dig into both the blog and the most effective social media for them.
For Larry Leech
Conferees will send their proposal and three chapters of their non-fiction work or memoir. Larry will work with you on presentation, tweaking your proposal, and guiding you in making sure your work has all the necessities to make it a success.
Guidelines: Full proposal, Synopsis, First Three Chapters
For Linda Gilden
Linda will work with advanced writers on non-fiction manuscripts for books or articles. Or she will work with those who have definite goals for becoming a speaker. Conferees who wish Linda to mentor their non-fiction work should have a completed but no less than 1/2 completed manuscript.
Guidelines: Full Proposal, Synopsis, First Three Chapters
For Linda to mentor you with speaking, conferees should have a solid platform and be prepared with an outline for a speaking presentation.
Guidelines: Participants should have a written presentation or at least an outline for Linda to help you refine.
For Linda to mentor you with marketing, conferees should have an outline describing their current marketing plan. Also, include marketing goals for the future. (Further directions will be outlined for you after signing up for a mentoring appointment with Linda.)
For Les Stobbe
Les will work with non-fiction, Christian living, and to help ready your work toward publication. Les is great for those non-fiction writers ready for publication to help you prepare. You must have a manuscript nearly complete.
Guidelines: Send full proposal, chapter breakdown, first three chapters
For LaTan Murphy
LaTan will work with speakers and with those seeking help with their personal ministries.
*Send and outline of your speaking topic. Your goals in speaking, and your first speech.
For ministry work – please provide her with an outline of your ministry and what you are looking for in guidance.
Recruits, are you ready to shave off unnecessary words? Are your ready for your manuscript to get a bit of a buzz cut?
A critique service is available for Writers Advance! Boot Camp participants. When you register, you may pay for a critique in the following categories:
Critique Submission Guidelines:
1. Manuscript: Times News Roman, Double-spaced, One-Inch Margins, WORD DOCUMENT. Be sure you combine all requirements into a SINGLE document.
2. Email Submissions as an attachment to the faculty member of your choice or to Terri Kelly, bootcampcritiques @ gmail (dot) com. Subject Line: ACWC CRITIQUE. In the body of the email, please list the genre.
Faculty Emails and Deadline Date for Submissions
Linda Gilden: Linda @ lindagilden (dot) com DEADLINE: February 2, 2019
Andrea Merrell: andreamerrell7 @ gmail (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2019
Larry Leech: lleech @ cfl (dot) rr (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2019
Denise Loock: denise @ lightningeditingservices (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2019
Terri Kelly: bootcampcritiques @ gmail (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2019
Cindy Sproles: Cindyksproles @ gmail (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2019
Bob Hostetler: [email protected] (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2019
3. Title Page: Include a title page with your submission: title, genre, page numbers, word count, audience, and your name/email and other contact information on the title page within your document. A confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hrs. (Resend if you do you receive a confirmation.) SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT THESE DETAILS WILL NOT BE CRITIQUED.
4. Fee: see critique menu below. You may directly email faculty members your manuscripts. Please send a check made out to the faculty member’s name. Ask for the mailing address when you send your critique or email Terri ([email protected])for a mailing address. Critiques will be completed upon receipt of payment. (The fee applies for each submission.)
5. Deadline: See individual faculty members for their deadlines. You may begin sending critiques January 1, 2018.
6. Completed critiques will be returned to you at the Writers Advance! Conference. You will automatically be given an appointment with the faculty member who critiqued your writing. Our faculty will not give you a buzz cut. We’ll approach each manuscript with more love than a drill sergeant so you may ADVANCE!
Buzz Cuts (Manuscript Critiques) – Faculty can change
Articles: Newspaper or magazine $25
250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.)
Blog Post $15
250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.) A full assessment of your blog post, including a written list of suggestions and things you’re doing well.
Blog Critique $25
Devotions (Devotions for print or web/blog, Limit of 2) $20 each set of 2
Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available $20 per 5 pages
General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript includes a breakdown of overall writing, marketability, hook, tension, and POV. $35
Fiction: 10 pages + 2-page synopsis. MUST have 2-page synopsis for romance, general fiction, suspense, Women’s Fiction.) $25
Non-fiction books: 10 pages + 2-page synopsis. MUST have 2-page synopsis for True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement $25
Proposals: Fiction or non-fiction proposals. Send the first 25 pages or 1 chapter and a 1-2 page synopsis. (No more than 25 total pages.) $25
Bible Studies/Bible Lesson Plans: No more than 15 pages $35
Childrens book and picture books: complete manuscript $25
**Please note faculty participation could change
Cindy Sproles and Linda Gilden
Children’s: Chapter Book: First three chapters
Children’s Books: Picture Book, Easy Reader, Board Book
Cindy Sproles, Andrea Merrell, Denise Loock, and Linda Gilden
Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available
Andrea Merrell, Denise Loock, and Larry Leech
General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript
Larry Leech, Linda Gilden, and Cindy Sproles
Fiction: Romance, General Fiction, Women’s, Contemporary, Suspense
Cindy Sproles, Andrea Merrell, and Larry Leech,
Non-fiction books: True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement
Edie Melson and Andrea Merrell
Memoirs: First 10 pages
Larry Leech, and Bob Hostetler
Bible Lesson Plans/ Bible Study Guides